The Machine Operator Mechanic will be responsible for performing various task to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator Mechanic will also be responsible for inspecting product to specifications and making adjustments as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Shifts: 1st Shift: 6:30 am – 3:00pm
2nd Shift 2:30pm-11:00pm
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machines jams, fix, document, and report malfunctions to a supervisor
- Sort, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Clean, oil, and make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams
- Start machine by engaging controls
- Count and record finished and rejected packaged items
Performs other related duties as requested