Position: Project Manager
Location: Belle Chasse, LA
Report to: Vice President of Operations
This position is responsible for the planning and execution of projects as directed by the Client. This includes but is not limited to planning, permitting, scheduling, executing, cost tracking, invoicing and as-built reporting of projects as well as oversight of operations, marine, safety and accounting functions as they relate between the various Contractors and the Client to ensure the safe, efficient and profitable execution of the project.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participate in and attend planning sessions with Client and Contractors.
- Perform all or as many projects management tasks as directed by the Client.
- Prepare cost estimates for the project.
- Prepare and submit permit applications and completion reports to the Client as directed for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ) for Client as directed.
- Participate in the bid review and contract award process as required by Client.
- Evaluate awarded projects assigned for execution to ensure all personnel, equipment, material, methodology, and time is utilized in an efficient, safe, and profitable manner.
- Compile scope of work, procedures, and schedule for project execution.
- Inspect and evaluate all project fabrication and material provided to ensure all items are complete and fit for purpose.
- Liaison with the operations departments of Client and Contractors to ensure project manning meets all required qualifications, certifications, and experience.
- Liaison with the operations departments of Client and Contractors to ensure all project tools, equipment, and marine vessels are available and fit for purpose to start.
- Plan and execute projects with all due diligence to safety, efficiency, cost control and Client satisfaction.
- Liaison with Client safety department to ensure all safety policies are adhered to and enforced and all incidents are reported and tracked.
- Track all project costs accurately to the level requested by the Client.
- Review and approve all project-related payables for Client as directed before submittal for payment.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program by complying with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited University or equivalent education preferred or extensive experience in the industry.
- Minium seven (7) years’ experience as Project Manager or like job description.
Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of offshore oilfield work types including pipeline systems, pipeline abandonment, platform inspection, platform and facilities abandonment, and site clearance verification.
- Thorough knowledge of project management techniques, including planning, executing, cost tracking, schedule preparation, invoicing, and as-built reporting of projects.
- Computer Skills: Efficient with Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.