Location: Belle Chasse, LA and Offshore
Belle Chasse company is seeking welders. Job may require travel and offshore work.
- Proficiency welds components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Performs daily fit up and lay out duties.
- Follows established safety and security rules and regulations and maintains safe and clean work area and environment.
- Able to read and understand welding procedures such as temperature settings, amp settings, and wire speed.
- Steel welding experience.
- Knowledge of proper welding techniques.
- Work in such a way as to work to continually improve quality level.
- Ability to pass company required 3G/4G welding certifications or 6GR welding certification, prior to being offered a position within the company.
- Ability to gouge as needed.
- 3-5 + years in welding structural steel construction.
- 3-5 + years of Short Arc or Flux Core experience.
- 5 + years of fabrication experience.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting to 50 pounds and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry. Push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work involves standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, and twisting of body parts throughout the day.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; reading blueprints; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and fabrication/welding of parts at distances close to the eyes. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- The worker is exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as hot and cold climates, dusty, and noisy areas.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.